- trim trim something to make something neater
ex. To trim your hair
- specialize to become an expert in a particular area of work
ex. Many students prefer not to specialize too soon.
- adjustments a small change made to something in order to correct or improve it
ex. I've made a few adjustments to the design.
- butchered a situation that is full of problems
ex. He butchered the painting by spilling coffee over it.
- prank a trick that is played on somebody as a joke
ex. Children like to play pranks on people